As part of the activities of the COST Action EU-MORNET, the Working Group 3 (Applications) holds an Exploratory Workshop on Applications of Model Order Reduction Methods in Industrial Research and Development, taking place on 6 November 2015 at the Chambre de Commerce in Luxembourg.
Meeting Objectives: This 1-day workshop presents a unique opportunity to connect European academic research and industrial development in the area of Model Order Reduction. The meeting aims at
- discussing the current state-of-the-art from the academic and application-driven perspective,
- demonstrating best-practice examples from industry,
- identifying existing challenges in the application of MOR,
- collecting benchmark problems from a variety of different challenging application domains, and
- fostering the continuing bi-directional exchange between industry and academia.
Organisation: The workshop is organised by Andreas Zilian and Stéphane Bordas from the University of Luxembourg.
Location: The Exploratory Workshop takes place on Friday, 6 of November 2015 at the Chambre de Commerce, 7 rue Alcide de Gasperi, L-2981 Luxembourg. The Chamber of Commerce is located in the financial district at Kirchberg, close to Luxembourg airport (15 minutes by bus).
Schedule: Keynote talks are given by Prof. Alfio Quarteroni, EPFL Switzerland and Prof. Peter Benner, Max-Planck Institute, Germany and are followed by contributed presentations from industry and academia.